Why should I choose a pewter gift from Axminster Heraldry?
I understand there is a huge choice when it comes to finding a personalised gift online today, with lots of inexpensive options to choose from, but hold one of these pewter products in your hand and you’ll be able to see and feel the difference by the weight, finish and polish of every piece. The recipient of a pewter gift will instantly know they're getting something special.
- Handmade from pewter, almost all of them will carry discrete hallmarks on the back or bottom of the item, similar to what you would find on gold and silver jewelry. These indicate the quality of the pewter, along with who and where the item was made.
- They are traditionally engraved to give a high quality classy finish.
- Pewter items are made to be able to pass down for generations if looked after. Pewter will not rust or tarnish, and even after years of use can be easily polished.
- Unique shapes and designs you won't find from cheaper stainless steel gifts.
- Excellent customer service with a personal touch, Axminster Heraldry is a small business run by one person, I have been engraving pewter gifts for over ten years and have chosen the gifts on this site for their quality and because they are well suited for engraving. I'm more than happy to send customers designs to check before they order, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
How can I find my family crest/clan badge?
Either search for your name using the search bar at the top of the page, or use the menus to navigate to your family name.
My family name isn't listed!
You can email me at email@example.com with either an example of the crest or your family name, I can create a design for your name and set up a custom order for you.
What type of engraving do you offer?
All engraving is traditional with the designs being physically engraved into the pewter for a finish that will not fade or wear off over time. The items are not laser engraved.
Can I personalise my item?
Additional personalised engraving in edition to the family crest is possible on most items.
How quickly will my order ship?
Most orders ship within 2 business days. Via Royal Mail 24h for UK order, international tracked outside the UK.
What items are available?
All the items I sell are handmade from English pewter. From flasks and tankards to goblets, quaichs, and trophies.
What is Pewter? Is it safe to drink from?
Pewter is a tin alloy, and is completely food safe and intended to be used. Traditionally pewter contained lead, but todays modern pewter is lead free.
Pewter possesses a unique combination of qualities. It retains its sheen, is hard wearing and is incredibly flexible to work with, making it the ideal material for hand making gifts intended to last generations. It’s therefore no surprise that pewter has been in continuous use since the Bronze Ages!
Do you ship to my country?
Shipping outside the UK is automatically available to North America, and most commonwealth countries. If shipping to your country is not listed, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can get a custom shipping quote for you. Shipping to the EU is possible but extra import fees may apply and will need to be paid before your item is delivered.